‘Tis the Season for cranky relatives, Amazon boxes, and wine. So. Much. Wine. Being the loving and kind folks that we are, we decided that we would give you yet another way to imbibe with your favorite Butternut red whether during a holiday party or on a cozy night on the couch. Enter mulled wine. It smells like heaven and tastes like a mouthful of Christmas. Mulled wine is best enjoyed snuggled up in a cozy blanket while watching your favorite awful/awesome Hallmark Christmas movie! You’re Welcome!
Mulled Wine for a party:
- 1 Bottle of Butternut Wine (Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 4 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 oranges, peeled, for garnish
- Combine the cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.
Mulled Wine for one:
- 1 Can of Butternut Wine (Pinot Noir)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 3 whole cloves
- 1-2 star anise
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds, plus more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer gently over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with more citrus slices and cinnamon sticks.