Fall may be right around the corner but Summer’s not over folks! Today we bring you a traditional Spanish Sangria, one of our absolute favorite summer drinks that is perfect for those long hot days and it’s so easy to make. The juicy peaches along with the lemon and oranges make this the perfect cocktail to bid farewell to Summer.
It’s one of those drinks that is so versatile, light, and fresh, that it can take you from an afternoon by the pool in to the night for a dinner party with friends. May we suggest serving with traditional Spanish tapas to really blow your friends away!
- 1.5 bottles of Butternut Pinot Noir
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 green apple
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Carbonated beverage, like carbonated water or lemon soda. (Optional)
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 tbsp of water over a low flame to create a clear simple syrup. Let cool.
- Wash and juice the oranges. Keep the rinds.
- Wash and juice the lemon. Keep the rinds.
- Wash and slice the peaches.
- Wash and slice the apple.
In a large pitcher, stir together the wine, simple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, sliced peaches, sliced apple, and cinnamon stick. Cut up the orange and lemon rinds into thick slices and add those in to the pitcher as well. Let sit for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) before serving over ice.
For a slightly lighter version, top off with your carbonated beverage just before serving!